This small set is quite diverse both in the origin (acoustic and electronic) and the types of sounds included. It is a mix of percussions and SFX one-shot samples and hits, some with velocity layers. It's not meant to be the definitive anything but these samples can be useful in a wide range of musical settings to add different, varied and unique sonic colors. A good complement to any SFX library.
Samples are grouped in folders and you will find below a description of each folder. Kits by folder for Kontakt 3 and the soundfont formats are provided.
The kits are mainly designed to let users easily audition the samples of each folder.
- Acoustic (67 samples): 52 samples of a Snoopy Jaw Harp, 7 samples of 2 different handbells and a few others.
- FX (147 samples): collection of various electronic SFX that can be further divided in the following categories, Machines and Electricity, Spacy and Others. Note that there's a subfolder with 20 of the samples looped.
- Perc (25 samples): some electronic percussions.
- Vel layers (159 samples): mix of electronic percussions/FX with velocity layers.
- Vocoder (72 samples): short vocal FX made with the MicroKorg.
Note that many samples could fit in more than one category, for instance all the vocoder samples could also be in the FX category. There are some stereo samples indicated by "st" at the end of their names.
View the new PDF
for more info about the NanoStudio 2 format!